Monday, March 2, 2009

Most Important

You and I are down here, but God is up there, far away, and you might not think there's any connection - but just listen to what the prophet Jeremiah once said.
.
"The Lord appeared to me from afar, saying,
.
'I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore I have drawn you with loving-kindness.'"
.
And, no, it isn't just Jeremiah that God loves. The prophet Moses said:
.
"The Lord loved you and kept the oath He swore to your forefathers."
See? God loves you!
.
I'll write that again, this time in capital letters because it's so important:
.
GOD LOVES YOU
.
Great! Wonderful! Just let that sink in! It's something you can write on a piece of paper and stick to your mirror so you see it every day.
.
But let's not forget that He also loves that man who lives down the road. You know ... the one who we don’t like very much. Surprisingly - or, perhaps, unsurprisingly - He loves that man as much as He loves you and me; no more, of course, but no less either. It makes you think - at least, it makes me think....
.
But what exactly does it make me think? Firstly, that I am greatly blessed. Secondly, that I should treat the man down the road a good deal better because, even if I don't love him, God certainly does. God made him; God wants him; God loves him. Why? Because God is love!
.
There, that's something else which needs writing in capitals - so here it is again:
....
GOD IS LOVE
. .
So much to take in, so little time. Let's pause a moment now and just meditate....
.
God bless you and keep you - until we next meet.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment